One time I was at a church rummage sale. My family was still looking at other things, but I had already scanned the rooms of clothing. I was in the church-auditorium, which is where the dishes and the toys were stashed. There was a rack of cheap Halloween costumes, all the size of toddlers. But, for some reason, I started looking through…turning hanger after hanger.
And then, I saw this. And I looked to my right and to my left out of instinct, as if I couldn’t believe my luck. And then I snatched this sucker.
Maybe I wore it today because I have jumper-on-the-brain. Maybe because people have been talking about Sound of Music. Either way, it’s on, my personal dirndl.
The dirndl is a relatively heavy green material, maybe a wool or a wool-blend, but it’s accented in pink. <3
Things that I find endearing about this article of clothing:
- There are embroidered pink flowers up the bodice. I feel storybook levels of cute.
- Pink stripes along the bottom <3
- The dirndl has exactly ONE side-pocket. This perplexes me, but it’s also kind of endearing.
- The lining is a red-on-white polka-dotted cotton/linen blend. It doesn’t match the rest of the dirndl at all. I find this charming.
- The waist is on the small side, like my waist. But the shoulders are spread widely apart. German women, I salute you and your awesome genetics.
It should be known that my sister does not approve of this dirndl. She thinks it is epic levels of embarrassing and refuses to be seen near me when I wear it.
So, I don’t wear it super frequently. But, when I do, I have a good time. Seriously. I can recall so many good memories of this dirndl.
And, today was another good day.
I sit here, listening to friends talk about thrifting and watching D.J. see if he can braid Hannah’s hair.
Good times. Good folks.
3 thoughts on “What I Wore Wednesday”
That shade of green is absolutely lovely on you 🙂
Thanks! I’ve never been a huge green fan…but it’s been growing on me this past year. 😀
I love the dirndl. It’s one of my favorites on you.