This phrase came to mind this week and I’ve been thinking about it a lot:
Everything is overwhelming until you realize that God can be trusted.
Because if God is who He says He is, then:
- He desires our well-being and
- He cares for us and
- He will give us good things.
What is the most, most overwhelming fear in your life right now?
And maybe, maybe, can God be trusted to handle that and take you to a place of interior peace and freedom?
Here are things that are personally hard and weird:
- Long-distance relationship-ing, yo
- Looking at properties in Detroit. Terrifying or exciting? Or BOTH?
- Giving a talk next week to kidlets about a sexually-assaulted saint. Said saint was eleven. Eleven.
But, you know what? I’m pretty sure that God can be trusted. Pretty sure God is not going to be like, “HaHA. I tricked you. Now your life sucks.”
So, I’ll just keep swimming along, here. Let God handle the nitty-gritties. I’ll just do my best and eat snacks, when necessary.
Do I believe that God can be trusted? I do. I really do. I don’t really think that any problem is too big for the deity.
And so, life is good.
Peace. Like a river.