I should have brought my camera in today. But, I didn’t.
- So, in the summer, my work offers this concept called “flex time” where you have the option of switching about your hours and enjoying the sun by leaving early on select days. Here’s my argument (unvoiced, mind you, unvoiced): dewd. The winter has so much less sunlight than the summer. Flex time could be offered in the winter, too, because that’s really when people need to be taking advantage of the sunlight.
Frankly, anyone can stay up until 11 in the summer, but how great would Fridays off in the winter be? So great. And you could get your oil changed in the daylight and whatever. Just a thought.
- I heard that it’s negative seven outside right now, with the windchill. That’s really cold, you guys. And my coworker was like, “And tomorrow is going to be even colder,” and I’m not sure how to handle that.
- Other idea for the winter: hibernation.
- So. I love short hair, but I also love change, and so I’m kind of transitioning into a different, longer cut (or something…) so, in the interim, I’m kind of growing out a bit of my hair.
And it’s hard.
And I’m kind of like, “Is this just mind over matter? Or is is actually hard?”
NO HELP AT ALL on the familial front. This morning I sat down for breakfast (PB&J on toast) across from Paul (PB over Rice Crispies) who was like, “What is that? Your evil villain hair?”
And so I was like, “Um, yes.”
And he said, “Oh. OK. Cool.”
And then we ate our peanut butter on our respective breakfasts.
- I was smitten last year and I’m smitten again…dewd. Layered skirts (here’s my Pinterest board, for good luck). I need to buy so much material and GO. TO. TOWN. (Maybe even UPCYCLED material?????? Do you love it or do you LOVE it?)
Again, more on Pinterest, but I’ll teaser-trailer with these:
- Sometimes I think it would be helpful for me to have a master’s degree. And since my work right now is church-y things, I consider following that route.
But, since, I LOVE making clothing, sometimes I play this game where, really, I just go to school for fashion.
And then I move to New York and I’m all alone and the game isn’t fun anymore.
- My saint for the year is SAINT IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA.
Now, tell me to pull my act together and hammer out a retreat for the people I love the most. MAKE ME DO THIS.
There will be: silence, awesome learning times, awesome hanging out with friends times. Also hanging out with people who aren’t your friends yet times, probably.
- Topics for discussion:
- Winter hats. Which one is your current favorite one?
- Literary villains. Which one is worse now that you’ve grown up? (Because mine is the White Witch because now I understand the meaning of always-winter-never-Christmas because of: cold air always! Yipe yipe yipe)
- Thrifting/ fabric shopping. Yes or no to going shopping with me this weekend?
P.S. I went to Argentine Tango class yesterday and was the most beginning of the beginners, so everyone was like, “Look. at. all. the. things. you. are. doing IMPROPERLY,” but I actually learned a lot and, dewd, how good is pushing yourself???
P.P.S. Reflections on yesterday’s gospel and the New Year…something you want or no?
P.P.P.S. Or whatever.
P.P.P.P.S. I’m making hippie cashew dressing for Caesar salad and mac and cheese tonight…clashing much? For real!