Today I came across people and I asked them, “What do you love? What can you tell me you love today, Valentine’s Day?”
And this is what they said.
- My parents: very devout and the influential people to me
- My older brother, John: really smart and always offers sound advice
- My niece, Giovanna: really cute, adorable and the sweetest kid.
- The Church: DUH! Why do you think I go to daily Mass?
- Art: I have always loved drawing and do it as much as I can.
Ryan’s list came quickly to him, passionate Italian that he is:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- The atmosphere in cities
- The artist Usher
Josh’s came a little more slowly:
- Pizza. Probably with bacon.
- Video games
- Riding his bike in the summer
- Playing ice hockey
D.J. started strong with numbero uno “cheeseburgers” but had some trouble after that.
DJ: “What do I love…”
Ryan: “Cats! Christmas! Sledding!”
Ryan: “I just gave you so many good answers!”
DJ: “But I don’t love those things!”
So we ended with:
- The movie “Sandlot”
- Sloths, the animal
- And he would love to go to London
- Chocolate (even though she’s allergic)
- Bones (home girl is an x-ray tech)
- I love snow. Crazy, I know, but if it’s gonna be cold out it might as well be beautiful!
- I love the theatre. Or acting in general. I secretly want to be an actress one day. Or not so secretly…
- I love quiet time. Not all the time but sometimes it hits the spot when you can read, pray or just sit in silence.
- I love traveling. Give me a plane ticket to just about anywhere, and I’m a happy camper.
- I love mugs. Strange? Yes, probably. But I have an ever growing mug collection from all over the world that I’m determined to display in my home someday.
- His mom (right?? Told you he was good)
- Food (especially Italian!)
- R&B music
- A bright sunny sky
- Fresh fruit (especially peaches!)
- Three types of movement: yoga, running, dancing. “They each bring their own peace and joy.”
- “Creating things. I love working with my hands.”
Celebrate love today, guys. Celebrate hard.