For the record, I have taken no new pics for this post. Most o’ these are from Josh’s birthday party a few weeks back, now. Sorry. Hippy recipes and Flamenco class and crinoline making snacked on my time tonight.
Things I’m doing right now
- Listening to Motown.
- Bouncing my leg.
- I started writing a different blog post, but I’ve hit a wall so I’m writing this one instead.
$35 things I can’t quite convince myself to buy because: BUDGTEING
- A new cartilege piercing. It’s like I’m not complete without that decorative love in my ear.
- New tights for the fall. Maybe some textured tights?
- A new mouth guard. I clench my jaw a lot in my sleep.
Projects upon which I’m working
- Tying up this year’s crafting challenges. Really, I’m working hard behind these scenes.
- Remember last year I made a dress for an awesome dance? I’m not crazy this year. I’m only making a crinoline. But I love it already. And I want to dye it blue. And I want to dye my kick-shorts blue, too, to match. I have all the fun, I know.
- This is actually my sister’s project: cleaning out the basement. But, every day when I come home she’s like, “Go through all this stuff I sorted,” so I do.
- The basement being out/ full of sorted things hampers quite a few of my party plans. Including but not limited to: sewing workshop, ladies-night-out snack time, improv night with my favorites, modern dance workshop party (yes), etc. etc. Maybe this is a message from God to finish the crafting challenges? 🙂 (I also want to have a drama class. For no reason. Just to pretend for an evening and stretch our minds and words and bodies a bit. Crazy, I knows).
Things I’m looking forward to in the next week or so
- Wearing my new (hopefully-finished!) crinoline to a mad hot party where I dance it up with the best band and some of my favorite dancers on a great, great floor. 🙂
- Turkey Trot with my sister!
- Thanksgiving. Good times on the party front. Say hey to my cousins table.
Things I’m thinking about
- For some reason, orange push-ups. I used to eat these orange sherbet things when I was a child and when my mom had a coupon.
- It’s getting dark outside, and it has been since 3:30, and I don’t appreciate that.
- May I make it home in time for Flamenco classssssss.
Recent ways in which I have failed
- On Sunday I went running and I ran farther than I usually do and then a downpour started and cue more downpour and more downpour so I was absolutely soaked, but I imagined I was in the inspirational, instrumental-only part of a movie and I emerged a stronger, successful woman with a little bit of slo-mo thrown in for good measure. And then yesterday I ran only a little bit and was slower than ever and I embarrassed even myself. The end.
- Today I lectored and, even though I (thought I) practiced beforehand, I still stumbled on two words.
(For the record, “apostasy” and “Modein.”)
And when I saw them I was just like, “Yeah, I’m going to pretend on these. I’m going to pretend with confidence.”
And that’s what I did, in church, in front of God and everybody.
I’m still afraid that someone will one day call me on that.
“Excuse me,” they’ll say, raising a singular finger from their pew, “you pronounced that word incorrectly.”
But, I guess I’ll just be like, “You’re right. I don’t know what I’m doing.”
So, I guess my worst-case scenario isn’t even that bad.
- I forgot to pay my mom back for some ribbon. I feel like Lydia. Austen reference!
- Seriously, it is impossible for me to enter and exit a drugstore without spending more money than I had anticipated. Today I was like, “I’m going in for DOLLAR toothpaste” but then I went in there and was like, “Oh man, I just ran out of facial moisturizer…better buy more!” Bam. Money. Gone.
Things I cannot do (yet)
- Guinea pigs
- Baby lambs
- When I helped Josh with his paper and he said thanks and I said, “I just hope you give me a ride in your police car one day,”
and he said, “You can even pick out your favorite gluten-free snacks for the ride.”
- My readers. 🙂
Take care of yourselves, ya’ll!