For the record, I have taken no new pics for this post. Most o’ these are from Josh’s birthday party a few weeks back, now. Sorry. Hippy recipes and Flamenco class and crinoline making snacked on my time tonight.
Things I’m doing right now
- Listening to Motown.
- Bouncing my leg.
- I started writing a different blog post, but I’ve hit a wall so I’m writing this one instead.
$35 things I can’t quite convince myself to buy because: BUDGTEING
- A new cartilege piercing. It’s like I’m not complete without that decorative love in my ear.
- New tights for the fall. Maybe some textured tights?
- A new mouth guard. I clench my jaw a lot in my sleep.
Projects upon which I’m working
- Tying up this year’s crafting challenges. Really, I’m working hard behind these scenes.
- Remember last year I made a dress for an awesome dance? I’m not crazy this year. I’m only making a crinoline. But I love it already. And I want to dye it blue. And I want to dye my kick-shorts blue, too, to match. I have all the fun, I know.
- This is actually my sister’s project: cleaning out the basement. But, every day when I come home she’s like, “Go through all this stuff I sorted,” so I do.
- The basement being out/ full of sorted things hampers quite a few of my party plans. Including but not limited to: sewing workshop, ladies-night-out snack time, improv night with my favorites, modern dance workshop party (yes), etc. etc. Maybe this is a message from God to finish the crafting challenges? 🙂 (I also want to have a drama class. For no reason. Just to pretend for an evening and stretch our minds and words and bodies a bit. Crazy, I knows).
Things I’m looking forward to in the next week or so
- Wearing my new (hopefully-finished!) crinoline to a mad hot party where I dance it up with the best band and some of my favorite dancers on a great, great floor. 🙂
- Turkey Trot with my sister!
- Thanksgiving. Good times on the party front. Say hey to my cousins table.
Things I’m thinking about
- For some reason, orange push-ups. I used to eat these orange sherbet things when I was a child and when my mom had a coupon.
- It’s getting dark outside, and it has been since 3:30, and I don’t appreciate that.
- May I make it home in time for Flamenco classssssss.
Recent ways in which I have failed
- On Sunday I went running and I ran farther than I usually do and then a downpour started and cue more downpour and more downpour so I was absolutely soaked, but I imagined I was in the inspirational, instrumental-only part of a movie and I emerged a stronger, successful woman with a little bit of slo-mo thrown in for good measure. And then yesterday I ran only a little bit and was slower than ever and I embarrassed even myself. The end.
- Today I lectored and, even though I (thought I) practiced beforehand, I still stumbled on two words.
(For the record, “apostasy” and “Modein.”)
And when I saw them I was just like, “Yeah, I’m going to pretend on these. I’m going to pretend with confidence.”
And that’s what I did, in church, in front of God and everybody.
I’m still afraid that someone will one day call me on that.
“Excuse me,” they’ll say, raising a singular finger from their pew, “you pronounced that word incorrectly.”
But, I guess I’ll just be like, “You’re right. I don’t know what I’m doing.”
So, I guess my worst-case scenario isn’t even that bad.
- I forgot to pay my mom back for some ribbon. I feel like Lydia. Austen reference!
- Seriously, it is impossible for me to enter and exit a drugstore without spending more money than I had anticipated. Today I was like, “I’m going in for DOLLAR toothpaste” but then I went in there and was like, “Oh man, I just ran out of facial moisturizer…better buy more!” Bam. Money. Gone.
Things I cannot do (yet)
- Guinea pigs
- Baby lambs
- When I helped Josh with his paper and he said thanks and I said, “I just hope you give me a ride in your police car one day,”
and he said, “You can even pick out your favorite gluten-free snacks for the ride.”
- My readers. 🙂
Take care of yourselves, ya’ll!
4 thoughts on “Lists”
1) tights are the best thing. Can never have too many. Just got some at TJ Maxx the other day $10 for a two-pack! The other day all my black ones were not clean. I reached for an old pair. Apparently they wore thin with age because I was cold all day. #notfuntimes
2) Crinoline FTW. I have wanted a colorful one ever since I saw Zooey wearing this dress and crinoline: http://wwzdw.com/z/4069/
3) Definitely running a race with my cousins in Chi-town next week. Annnnnd I haven’t gone running all week. Oh well. The weekend cometh!
1. I bought a package of TJ Maxx tights last year. Four pairs of tights: two grey, two textured brown. Cait. They are ALL different sizes…even the greys which are the exact same style, lol! It cracks me up. The brown-with-flowers bunches around my ankles and one of the grey ones was made in kiddie sizes or something because it doesn’t have enough love for my curves. If ya get my drift. 😉 What I’m saying is: I need to get back to the Maxx and upgrade.
2. I have some extra material. Want to make your own? 🙂
3. Cousins whose eyes turn to hearts? 😀
I always get the Hue brand of tights because they seem to be the most consistent size and quality wise. i once bought a four pack of some other brand and yeah only 2 fit. The same kid size problem.
Is making a crinoline hard?
Yes eyes might be turning to hearts lol.
Report now that I have experience: crinolines are not hard to make…only time consuming. 🙂