- There’s stuff in my house. My mind is having a hard time with this. I have a drawer full of shirts. SHIRTS. I can wear any of them, because they’re all clean.
- Gluten-free pizza. Bet your boots I ate one half of that puppy. No regrets.
- I didn’t leave my shower very clean when I left. Oops.
- I need to go shopping tonight. I wonder what I’ll do when I find out my options extend beyond yogurt.
- I’m wearing my girliest outfit–light pink suit a la Jakie O. Plus hair product. Plus perfume. Plus mascara. Lap of luxury up in here.
- My brain on this time zone difference is a tad fuzzy.
- God is good. Life is crazy.
- I’M HOOOOOOME!!
I felt like the city gave me a hug this morning. Detroit, my broken city. At noon a wild homeless man came into church–slamming the hymnals, kicking the kneeler, making a racket. I smiled. I’m home.
The advertisements are in English. The people ask me for handouts. The sewers spew white-hot steam.
What up, Detroit.
I ran this morning. The pavement was flat. The birds were chirpy.
I forgot where my car was (the mechanic, a quarter-mile away), was greeted with new detours, stared down by the jay-walkers and arrived 40 minutes early to work due to my crazed, jet-lagged brain.
I forgot to take my wallet to lunch.
My beebee pilgrims called me, texted me, and posted pictures online.
I’m ready for my next adventures; pretty certain they’ll be closer to home.
Not that one can ever tell in this life with God.
Knowing God is pretty much awesome sauce.
Thanks for the prayers, I’m happy to be home. <3
Missed ya’ll, though.