So, at one of the weddings I attended there was this other female guest wearing a teal/ cyan-y dress and a coral-orange necklace. And each color made the other color POP.
She looked great, and I wanted to try to show you:
I’ve been thinking about that combo and complimentary colors for a while and decided to test some out. I started yesterday with a red plaid skirt and a blue leopard shirt. Sounds like the worst combo ever, right? But I paired it with navy on navy (monochrome!) and, actually, I received a lot of compliments. Winning outfit, ya’ll.
Great start, right?
Today I tried to go the pink route, but I didn’t have a good green so I settled for light blue. So, I’m totally not what I was even trying for.
Starting at the bottom:
- Black patent leather shoes from my favzies brand, Sofft
- Purple tights (Target)
- Black corduroy skirt with cute border detailing. Purchased secondhand loooong ago.
- Light blue shirt. Also second hand. Win, win, win.
- Striped girlie sweater which rips off of rugby patterns. Soooo cute. I wear it quite often.
- Grey scarf from Paulie Waul.
La la la!
Today is a day of work, calling friends, soup, and partying with my youngest, youngest brother.
I’ll post pics later.
Also! Blog-reveal of my three-week-old haircut
Thar she blows. I’m loving hard on my man-hair. It’s empowering. And super fun and super easy to care for…I feel like I’ve uncovered a dangerous man-secret. 🙂