It’s 2013. Time for New Year’s resolutions.
Fail to plan, plan to fail is what my ex-coworker’s ex-girlfriend’s father used to say.
Disclaimer: I give myself leave to do or not do these according to my new ideas and other whims.
If the Lord wills it, in 2013, I would like to
- Master making delicious pad thai. This is #1 because it is excessively important.
- Learn to finger wave my hair.
- Pray the rosary everyday. (Or close to it.)
- Make crafts for thirteen people in 2013. Post on the 13th of every month about said-people/ crafts. I have picked my lucky recipients from a recent Facebook challenge.
- Buy and learn to play a ukulele.
- Read the tons of books people have recommended to me
- Starter book Story of a Soul by St. Therese. Catholic Classic. I should have read it years ago, started and stopped. But, Fr. Pio was like, “You need to read it.” Because I’m obedient, I shall.
- The Fault In Our Stars and The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise which both were recommended with short, awesome synopses by my librarian wizard-friend, Kathryn.
- A book about St. Maximilian Kolbe lent to me by a friend. While I’m at it, I should read the book lent to me about Blessed I-Forgot-Her-Name and this other spiritual book given me by someone else. People think I’m into spiritual reading so they lend me books and I’m usually too busy to read them. And then I feel like a goober. BUT NOT IN 2013.
- A Francince Rivers book recommended by Lauren but whose title I have forgotten. I’ve still got time.
- A great literary classic. In all honestly, years ago one of my Facebook friends posted a list created by the BBC of one hundred great books. The challenge said, “Most people have only read six.” I just looked it up and recounted. I’ve read 25. 75 to go! So I’ll pick at least one, hopefully two to finish.
- Speak by Laurie Harlse, recommended by my dear friend Paul. And he’s good at recommending things.
- The documents of the Second Vatican Council. I don’t actually believe I’ll do this one.
It’s good to have a plan.
I feel better already.
Any awesome resolutions out there that you want to share??