I have a sister who is my biggest advocate against ever appearing on the show “Hoarders.”
I’m not saying I would be on the show if I didn’t know her, I’m just saying she’s the one who offers the vocal “DO IT” when I say, “I think I want to get rid of this” and hold up an article of clothing.
She also has other encouraging sayings for clothing-purges, usually something like:
- “We’re young. We should be wearing cute clothes.”
- “Life is too short to wear things that don’t fit you well.”
- “Fine. Wear it one more time and THEN give it away.
I like to think I return the favor in my own way:
- “Don’t think of it as throwing something away, think of it as reintroducing it into the thrifting recycling-cycle.” (It’s like the water cycle, you guys).
- “I think someone else would REALLY like that.”
- “If you wouldn’t buy it yourself because it looks worn, it’s time to throw it away.”
Sometimes we clean our room.
Other times we have major clothing-purges where we weed our closets, donate bags of clothes, and use the above phrases ad nauseum.
We came to the belts last great-purge…and came across this one. I was like, “It’s tiny,” and went to put it in the give-away-pile.
Christine was like, “No, I think you’re supposed to wear it higher (at my natural waist). Keep it, it’s cute!”
It was kind of out-of-character for her, so I did keep it. And, it has come in handy.
Where is this belt from? I honestly have no idea. It’s one of those things I found in my closest. Maybe it was once my mother’s? It kind of has a hippy-flair…so, maybe.
It’s red with a bright, cheerful, loopy line of colorful flowers embroidered around the entire belt. The red will instantly brighten an outfit…and the flowers have so many colors that they automatically match with many other articles of clothing.
I shall wear you to parties and you shall be a party belt.
(But, I’ll also wear you to the office. We can’t play all the time).
2 thoughts on “What I Wore Wednesday”
OK, so you are the CUTEST and BEST “blogger”, Danielle! I think I need Christine to come over and help me with the “purge” over here!! 🙂 Gotta love that darling belt!! 🙂
Christine has great skill. Thanks for reading!