|Dimensions||35 × 28 × .004 cm|
Black, Brown, Teal
Tobit 8:7 “but for a Noble purpose…” Original Linocut
Hand-carved and hand-stamped with extra love, this original lino is based on a line from the book of Tobit. I stamped this, so it’s not a digital copy. In fact, it might even come with my fingerprints on the back, from when I pressed the ink from the block onto the paper.
– I elect to use oil-based inks, as I love their deep, rich hues.
– The lightweight printmaking paper (Strathmore) is 11″x 14″, artwork is approximately 8″x 10″
– Because this is hand-stamped, there will be slight variations from print to print, making each print unique
– The print is sold unframed, but, I made the paper a size that is super easy to find in most stores. I figured I’d save you the $ on shipping.
– Print will come in a plastic sleeve, with some protective cardboard, in a bubble mailer.
This print comes in both turquoise and black. I do have other inks, though, if you request them. I think this is an excellent wedding gift.
This is one of my favorite lines from my favorite prayer from my favorite book of the Bible–Tobit. That’s right, folks, she’s Catholic. 😉
I was honored to be asked to read this reading at a dear friend’s wedding. I did and, between the ceremony and the dinner, as I was buying a card (oops!), I lamented to my cousin that I couldn’t find any that I liked. She told me to make my own. So….here we are.
At that same wedding, later in the evening, the groom kindly washed his bride’s feet for the first dance. She returned the gesture. I thought it was beautiful and holy and good. So…I made this print.