|Dimensions||19 × 12.5 × .25 cm|
St Francis of Assisi “Repair my house.” Original Linocut
Hand-carved and hand-stamped with extra love, this original lino is based on a quote that St. Francis heard one day…I stamped this, so it’s not a digital copy. In fact, it might even come with my fingerprints on the back, from when I pressed the ink from the block onto the paper.
– I elect to use oil-based inks, as I love their deep, rich hues.
– The lightweight printmaking paper (Strathmore) is 11″x 14″, artwork is approximately 8″x 10″
– Because this is hand-stamped, there will be slight variations from print to print, making each print unique
– The print is sold unframed, but, I made the paper a size that is super easy to find in most stores. I figured I’d save you the $ on shipping.
– Print will come in a plastic sleeve, with some protective cardboard, in a bubble mailer.
This print comes in both brown and black. I do have other inks, though, if you request them.
St. Francis once heard the words, “Repair my house” (also sometimes translated “Rebuild my church,” but I asked not one but two Franciscans their preference and there we go).
Francis was faced with a hot mess of a church, I feel. I wanted to capture that…it’s hard sometimes. You get tired. Sometimes you wonder if it’s worth it.
Francis is often shown these days with a bird, but he also was historically shown with a skull…ye olde “Memento Mori” reminder. Remember, he says, your death. Remember.