I heard this quote from Bl. Mary Elizabeth Hesselblad in a talk and it SHOOK me.
“”Dear Lord, I do not ask to see the path. In darkness, in anguish and in fear, I will hang on tightly to your hand, and I will close my eyes, so that you know how much trust I place in you.”
Faith. Trust. Love.
When I’m struck like that, I think: “I need to carve that.”
So, I did.
Hand-carved and hand-stamped with extra love, I pictured a hiker (like me!) walking through a forest at night. I love hiking and my home-state, MI, where the pines planted in long rows silence my steps with their needles underfoot.
I wanted to capture the beauty of a hike and the journey of faith, even in the unknowns we all face.
– I elect to use oil-based inks, as I love their deep, rich hues.
– The lightweight printmaking paper (Strathmore) is 11″x 14″, artwork is approximately 8″x 10″
– Because this is hand-stamped, there will be slight variations from print to print, making each print unique
– The print is sold unframed, but, I made the paper a size that is super easy to find in most stores. I figured I’d save you the $ on shipping.
– Print will come in a plastic sleeve, with some protective cardboard, in a bubble mailer.
This print comes in black. I do have other inks, though, if you request them.