“Absconde Me” Original Linocut
Hand-carved and hand-stamped with extra love, this original lino is based on one of my favorite places to “go” in prayer–the side-wound of Christ. I stamped this, so it’s not a digital copy. In fact, it might even come with my fingerprints on the back, from when I pressed the ink from the block onto the paper.
– I elect to use oil-based inks, as I love their deep, rich hues.
– The lightweight printmaking paper (Strathmore) is 11″x 14″, artwork is approximately 8″x 10″
– Because this is hand-stamped, there will be slight variations from print to print, making each print unique
– The print is sold unframed, but, I made the paper a size that is super easy to find in most stores. I figured I’d save you the $ on shipping.
– Print will come in a plastic sleeve, with some protective cardboard, in a bubble mailer.
This print comes in both brown and black. I do have other inks, though, if you request them.
The inspiration for this one came to me on Holy Saturday 2017. I love reflecting on the side-wound of Christ, and the blood and water that flowed from his side. I realized…the side-wound gives easier access to the heart! So, this was created. 🙂
There are no reviews yet.